Air inflatable heavy duty rubber booms
- A tough, durable boom resistant to abrasion, oil and sunlight.
- Individual air chambers for reliability and security.
- Lies flat when deflated for easy storage and cleaning.
- Stainless steel and hot galvanized components
- Black colour with stripes and as an option with reflective tape
- A range of reels and containers are available as power packs for operation of the reel and air inflation
- Rapid deployment
The design draws upon the traditional strong points of the rubber boom system i.e. individual air chambers, high quality construction, good stability and survivability. Despite its low weight My-Boom HD is still significantly superior to other types of inflatable booms (PVC/PU) in terms of life expectancy, tensile strength and abrasion resistance.
My-Boom is made of materials such as nitrile, chloroprene and Hypalon and will withstand the effects of the sun, sea, and oil. The low storage volume of My-Boom makes it easy to store, load and shipping cost will be significantly reduced.
The boom has moulded, inflatable chambers - the freeboard ranges from 0.25 to 0.60 m and the overall 'height of the inflated boom from 0.5m to 1.50m. Each individual buoyancy chamber has separate air valve, which mean that in the unlikely case of puncture only one chamber will lose air and when under tension the boom will not lose its freeboard.
The rubber boom when deflated has a smooth surface that is easy to clean either by HP cleaner detergent or mechanically. For storage a hydraulically driven winder is supplied often built into a container that stores the ancilliary equipment too.