- Open or containerised reels for the storage, deployment and recovery of My-Boom HD oil containment boom.
- Both containerized and open reels are supplied with fork lift channels, lifting eyes and -sling.
- Open reels are supplied with weather cover.
- Fitted with quick hydraulic couplings
- Optional - boom guide roller to assist recovery operations.
- Containerised version has fully opening double doors and lift off back panel for in-line deployment of several containers.
KAJ manufactures a complete range of custom built boom reels for both the rubber boom range and the PVC booms. These are either open style or built into the frame of a custom made container. The containers have full access on the front and back so that they may be placed one behind the other down the deck. They may also be stacked (two) on top of each where space is limited.
Double doors on the front of the containers open fully arid can be secured back to the sides. They are ideal for long-term storage of boom, protecting it from the sunlight and weather
Standard reels are fitted with a hydraulic gear motor and heavy-duty chain drive. This may be replaced with direct hub drive gear motors if required.
A boom guide roller can be installed as an option on both styles of reels. These serve to flatten out the boom and align the boom and ballast chain back onto the reel without manual intervention.
All reels are manufactured in steel and finished with a high quality, epoxy paint system. Open reels may also be supplied with dished ends and hub drive motors providing increased torque for boom retrieval.